[openstack-dev] [kolla][release] Infrastructure mailing list thread about how to handle our stable/liberty branch

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Apr 16 19:21:13 UTC 2016

Hey folks.  Our stable/liberty branch is essentially broken beyond repair because of a fatal flaw in our usage of data containers.  We have fixed this in Mitaka using named volumes.  Our plan is to make Liberty equivalent to Mitaka and then make stable/liberty deploy Liberty.

It will require forcefully updating the stable/liberty branch.

The details of the discussion with the OpenStack Infrastructure team can be found below.  Is this going to be a significant problem for anyone in the community?  We really don't see many other options.

See thread here:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2016-April/004163.html

Regards
-steve