[openstack-dev] [release][kolla] Release of kolla 2.0.0.0rc4

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Fri Apr 15 20:45:09 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

We had originally planned to release 2.0.0 today but there are a few more bugs left to resolve before our final tag.  Hence, we made a decision to move the final 2.0.0 release to Thursday, April 21st.

I am super pleased to announce the release of 2.0.0.0 rc4 which fixes 37 bugs, many of which are highly critical.

If your in any way interested in the Kolla project, now is he time to test the stable/mitaka branch.  To do that:

git clone http://github.com/openstack/kolla
git checkout stable/mitaka

Read directions here:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/kolla/

If something isn't working for you, please join #openstack-kolla on IRC for help, report a bug, or both :)

At this point, all core reviewers should be testing stable/mitaka for any last minute problems.  Any developers in general, please focus on Mitaka for the next week rather then doing new development.  A one week pause won't kill folks :)

Our list of bugs that need addressing are located here:
https://launchpad.net/kolla/+milestone/2.0.0

For confirmed bugs, feel free to assign yourself if you want to dedicate the next 6 days of your life to fixing that particular bug.  If you see a bug in the "triaged" state, try to reproduce it.  If you are able to reproduce it, or unable to reproduce it, please report in the bug log.  If a triaged bug is confirmed, one of the core reviewers will mark it as such.  If it can't be confirmed, we will mark it as incomplete for 2.0.0.

I'd like to thank dims of the release team for working with us on manually tagging the rc4 release as we sort out the tagging process in this review:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/297976/

Regards,
-steve