[openstack-dev] [oslo] Removing Nova specifics from oslo.log

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Apr 15 08:11:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14 2016, Joshua Harlow wrote:

> Well not entirely IMHO. I think oslo should obviously be easy to use inside
> openstack and as well outside, with preference to inside openstack (especially
> for libraries that start with 'oslo.*'). When we can make it more useable
> outside openstack (and without hurting the mission of openstack being the
> primary target for 'oslo.*' libraries) then obviously we should try to do our
> best to...
>
> Will all the oslo.* libraries as they exist be forever perfect at a given point
> in time, no. We can always do better, which is where the community comes in :)

I tend to agree with you Josh, though you might want to keep in mind
that OpenStack is now composed of 54 teams and even more projects. So at
this stage making libraries "for OpenStack" is going to become a very
vague definition as the need for generic code is going to increase.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker