[openstack-dev] [all] - About Openstack upgrade

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 02:23:34 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Kenny Ji-work <jenkins-sdg at qq.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have deployed openstack liberty in our online environment by using
> devstack. We wanner upgrade our openstack to the newest version - mitaka,
> so is there some tools or facilities to complete it? Thank you for
> answering!

Grenade [1] is designed to exercise DevStack upgrades across releases.

However, by "online environment", I hope you do not mean "production
environment." DevStack is a development environment [2], not a production
cloud intended for end users:

> It is used interactively as a development environment and as the basis
for much of the OpenStack project’s functional testing.

If you need to "upgrade" your development environment and do not intend to
test upgrades, I'd instead suggest nuking your environment and creating a
new one.

[1] https://github.com/openstack-dev/grenade
[2] http://devstack.org/