[openstack-dev] [puppet][horizon] - Add extra plugins config to puppet-horizon

Denis Egorenko degorenko at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 14 13:21:53 UTC 2016

> Some of UI plugins, like murano-dashboard, needs to add extra parameters
> https://github.com/openstack/murano-dashboard/blob/master/muranodashboard/local/local_settings.py.example
> to local_settings file (which comes from Horizon).
> My question is: Should puppet-horizon module provide those extra
> parameters coming from each official UI plugins? or this kind of things
> should come from specific a puppet-{ui-plugin}?

Well, not exactly puppet-{ui-plugin}. For example, we already have murano
module and it has manifests for UI plugin installation.

On a one side, in such way we are keeping all module related configuration
in one place.
On another side, all UI configuration probably should be placed in horizon
module. But in this case, we need to support in horizon module full
configuration for each UI plugin.

So, i think we can keep UI configuration in-place (in separate module) if
we have this module at all. For cases, when we need only support some UI
settings/plugins - we can keep it in puppet-horizon.

Thoughts?

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Marcos Fermin Lobo
> <marcos.fermin.lobo at cern.ch> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a question about puppet-horizon module and UI plugins for Horizon.
> >
> > Some of UI plugins, like murano-dashboard, needs to add extra parameters
> >
> https://github.com/openstack/murano-dashboard/blob/master/muranodashboard/local/local_settings.py.example
> > to local_settings file (which comes from Horizon).
> >
> > My question is: Should puppet-horizon module provide those extra
> parameters
> > coming from each official UI plugins? or this kind of things should come
> > from specific a puppet-{ui-plugin}?
> >
> I don't think having a separated Puppet module for each plugin will
> help us, maintaining a module is a lot of work.
> One thing we could do is to have classes:
> horizon::plugin::murano
> horizon::plugin::foobar etc
>
> What do you think?
> --