[openstack-dev] [neutron] work on Common Flow Classifier and OVS Agent extension for Newton cycle

Vikram Choudhary vikschw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:33:55 UTC 2016

Hi Cathy,

A project called "neutron-classifier [1]" is also there addressing the same
use case. Let's sync up and avoid work duplicity.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/neutron-classifier

Thanks
Vikram
On Apr 14, 2016 6:40 AM, "Cathy Zhang" <Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Per Armando’s request, Louis and I are looking into the following features
for Newton cycle.

·         Neutron Common FC used for SFC, QoS, Tap as a service etc.,

·         OVS Agent extension

Some of you might know that we already developed a FC in networking-sfc
project and QoS also has a FC. It makes sense that we have one common FC in
Neutron that could be shared by SFC, QoS, Tap as a service etc. features in
Neutron.

Different features may extend OVS agent and add different new OVS flow
tables to support their new functionality. A mechanism is needed to ensure
consistent OVS flow table modification when multiple features co-exist.
AFAIK, there is some preliminary work on this, but it is not a complete
solution yet.

We will like to start these effort by collecting requirements and then
posting specifications for review. If any of you would like to join this
effort, please chime in. We can set up a meet-up session in the Summit to
discuss this face-in-face.

Thanks,

Cathy