[openstack-dev] [keystone] Newton midycle planning

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:07:44 UTC 2016

It is that time again, the time to plan the Keystone midcycle! Looking at
the schedule [1] for Newton, the weeks that make the most sense look to be
(not in preferential order):

R-14 June 27-01
R-12 July 11-15
R-11 July 18-22

As usual this will be a 3 day event (probably Wed, Thurs, Fri), and based
on previous attendance we can expect ~30 people to attend. Based upon all
the information (other midcycles, other events, the US July4th holiday), I
am thinking that week R-12 (the week of the newton-2 milestone) would be
the best offering. Weeks before or after these three tend to push too close
to the summit or too far into the development cycle.

I am trying to arrange for a venue in the Bay Area (most likely will be
South Bay, such as Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, San Jose) since we
have done east coast and central over the last few midcycles.

Please let me know your thoughts / preferences. In summary:

* Venue will be Bay Area (more info to come soon)

* Options of weeks (in general subjective order of preference): R-12, R-11,
R-14

Cheers,
--Morgan

[1] http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html