[openstack-dev] [all] create periodic-ci-reports mailing-list

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:12:08 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Matthew Treinish <mtreinish at kortar.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:59:10AM -0400, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Current OpenStack Infra Periodic jobs do not send e-mails (only
> >> periodic-stable do), so I propose to create periodic-ci-reports
> >> mailing list [1] and to use it when our periodic jobs fail [2].
> >> If accepted, people who care about periodic jobs would like to
> >> subscribe to this new ML so they can read quick feedback from
> >> failures, thanks to e-mail filters.
> >
> > So a big motivation behind openstack-health was to make doing this not
> > necessary. In practice the ML posts never get any real attention from
> people
> > and things just sit. [3] So, instead of trying to create another ML here
> > I think it would be better to figure out why openstack-health isn't
> working
> > for doing this and figure out how to improve it.
>
> I like openstack-health, I use it mostly every day.
> Though I miss notifications, like we have with emails.
> Something we could investigate is RSS support in openstack-health.

I guess everyone is different. Outside of automated systems, I don't
interface with RSS/atom anymore myself (~since Google Reader was shutdown).

I've investigated every mailing-list based notification I've ever received,
however I don't feel compelled to respond to the mailing list thread (if
that is a metric anyone is looking at here).

OpenStack Health is cool, but I certainly won't check it with any
regularity.