[openstack-dev] [all] create periodic-ci-reports mailing-list

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Wed Apr 13 17:44:56 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 05:22:28PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-04-13 12:58:47 -0400 (-0400), Matthew Treinish wrote:
> > So, sure I understand the attraction of an active notification.
> [...]
> > Instead, of pretending the ML work for doing this I think it'll be
> > better if we concentrate on making the dashboard for this better.
>
> Mentioned in IRC as well, but would an RSS/ATOM feed be a good
> compromise between active notification and focus on the dashboard as
> an entry point to researching job failures?

That sounds like a really good idea, I like it. It enables individuals who say
they want notifications for failures to subscribe to something and receive them,
but in the normal case there is no extra noise being injected. We can add the
rss links off of http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health to give the
appearance of a uniformity. (regardless of how we actually implement the feeds)
We can also have it generate links for jobs to openstack-health pages, etc. This
definitely feels like a better approach to me.

-Matt Treinish