[openstack-dev] [all] create periodic-ci-reports mailing-list

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Wed Apr 13 16:13:50 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:59:10AM -0400, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Current OpenStack Infra Periodic jobs do not send e-mails (only
> periodic-stable do), so I propose to create periodic-ci-reports
> mailing list [1] and to use it when our periodic jobs fail [2].
> If accepted, people who care about periodic jobs would like to
> subscribe to this new ML so they can read quick feedback from
> failures, thanks to e-mail filters.

So a big motivation behind openstack-health was to make doing this not
necessary. In practice the ML posts never get any real attention from people
and things just sit. [3] So, instead of trying to create another ML here
I think it would be better to figure out why openstack-health isn't working
for doing this and figure out how to improve it.

-Matt Treinish

[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-February/086706.html