[openstack-dev] [magnum] Microversions usage

Eli Qiao liyong.qiao at intel.com
Wed Apr 13 10:40:57 UTC 2016

Hi Jamie

On 2016年04月13日 17:26, Jamie Hannaford wrote:

> ​I recently discovered that Magnum supports microversions [1] - but it
> doesn't seem to be incrementing the API in accordance with new
> functionality releases. Is this due to the v1 API not being locked
> yet? What is the status of freezing the API, so that we can move to a
> microversions-based release cycle?

Microversion is only used after API freezed (to avoid broken SDK user),
but for now, the team don't think Magnum APIs are mature yet.

I remembered I suggested to bump microversion in one of Magnum meeting I
got the answers.

> The API-WG has recently published a guideline [2] that is
> very slightly different from how Magnum has implemented it. I'm in the
> process of filing a few bugs to address this.

Yes, I agree to align with API-WG,  It will be good to align it with
API-WG. Feel free to submit patch to address them, I am glad to help
review(yes, I'v been involved Nova's microversion development)

Thanks Eli.