[openstack-dev] [magnum][keystone][all] Using Keystone /v3/credentials to store TLS certificates

rezroo openstack at roodsari.us
Wed Apr 13 06:00:30 UTC 2016

Interesting conversation, and I think I have more of a question than a
comment. With my understanding of OpenStack architecture, I don't
understand the point about making "Magnum dependent on Barbican".
Wouldn't this issue be completely resolved using a driver model, such as
delegating the task to a separate class specified in magnum.conf, with a
reference implementation using Barbian API (like the vif driver of nova,
or nova chance vs. filter scheduler)? If people want choice, we know how
to give them choice - decouple, and have a base implementation. The rest
is up to them. That's the framework's architecture. What am I missing?
Thanks,
Reza