[openstack-dev] [nova] Newton midcycle planning

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 10:28:30 UTC 2016

Le 11/04/2016 22:49, Matt Riedemann a écrit :
> A few people have been asking about planning for the nova midcycle for
> newton. Looking at the schedule [1] I'm thinking weeks R-15 or R-11
> work the best. R-14 is close to the US July 4th holiday, R-13 is
> during the week of the US July 4th holiday, and R-12 is the week of
> the n-2 milestone.
>
> R-16 is too close to the summit IMO, and R-10 is pushing it out too
> far in the release. I'd be open to R-14 though but don't know what
> other people's plans are.

Yeah, agreed. Using R-15 or R-14 weeks could be nice for non-prioritary
specs that could be reviewed in a sprint before the FeatureFreeze for them.

Using the R-11 week means that we would already hit the non-prio FF, but
that also means that we could use that sprint time for reviewing the
priorities like we did previously (and which worked great).

So, I'm not sold about which week we should prefer, just commenting
about what we could discuss during that midcycle.

> As far as a venue is concerned, I haven't heard any offers from
> companies to host yet. If no one brings it up by the summit, I'll see
> if hosting in Rochester, MN at the IBM site is a possibility.
>
> [1] http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html

Just rephrasing what you said in IRC, we expect to have around 40 people
for 3 days, in case people wonder whether they can support us.

-Sylvain