[openstack-dev] [nova] Newton midcycle planning

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Apr 12 09:34:48 UTC 2016

Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 03:49:16PM -0500, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>> A few people have been asking about planning for the nova midcycle for
>> newton. Looking at the schedule [1] I'm thinking weeks R-15 or R-11 work the
>> best. R-14 is close to the US July 4th holiday, R-13 is during the week of
>> the US July 4th holiday, and R-12 is the week of the n-2 milestone.
>
> Thanks for starting this now.  It really helps  to know these things early.
>
> This cycle *may* be harder than typical with:
>      https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9478
>
> Having said that, either of those options work for me.

No, this cycle (Newton) is not affected. The proposed change would
happen after the Barcelona summit (5-month Ocata cycle, new event
inserted between the Barcelona and the North America summit in May). So
feel free to plan mid-cycle events for Newton if you think your team
would benefit from having them.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)