[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Can we create some subteams?

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 08:14:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 12:01:39PM +1200, Steve Baker wrote:
>    On 12/04/16 11:48, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
>
>  On 2016-04-12 11:43:06 +1200 (+1200), Steve Baker wrote:
>
>  Can I suggest a sub-team for
>  os-collect-config/os-refresh-config/os-apply-config? I ask since
>  these tools also make up the default heat agent, and there is
>  nothing in them which is TripleO specific.
>
>  Could make sense similarly for diskimage-builder, as there is a lot
>  of TripleO/Infra cross-over use and contribution happening there.
>
>    +1, this tool is general purpose and has diverse contributors and
>    consumers

This already exists:

https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/115,members
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/gerrit/acls/openstack/diskimage-builder.config

It's already in use and a number of folks not (or no longer) active in
tripleo-core have been added as they are involved with DiB.

There is also already a sub-team for os-apply-config but it currently only
contains tripleo-core:
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/gerrit/acls/openstack/os-apply-config.config
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/142,members

For os-*-config I'm not sure we gain much as the contribution rate is
pretty low - like there's maybe one or two outstanding patches right now
accross all three projects.  Thus it could be argued that there's little
justification for actively managing a sub-team in that case.

Steve