[openstack-dev] [vitrage] Cinder Datasource

Weyl, Alexey (Nokia - IL) alexey.weyl at nokia.com
Tue Apr 12 07:02:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

Here is the design of the Cinder datasource of Vitrage.

Currently Cinder datasource is handling only Volumes.
This datasource listens to cinder volumes notifications on the oslo bus, and updates the topology accordingly.
Currently Cinder Volume can be attached only to instance (Cinder design).

Future Steps:
We want to perform research on what other data we can bring from Cinder.
For example:
1. To what zone we can connect the volume
2. To what image we can connect the volume

Alexey