[openstack-dev] Does Neutron itself add VM ports to ovs?

张晨 zhangchen9211 at 126.com
Tue Apr 12 04:31:01 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I have a question about Neutron. I learn that the ovs-agent receives the update-port rpc notification,and updates ovsdb data for VM port.

But what is the situation when i use SDN controllers instead of OVS mechanism driver? I found no where in ODL to add the VM port to ovs.

I asked the author of the related ODL plugin, but he told me that OpenStack adds the VM port to ovs.

Then, where is the implementation in OpenStack to  add the VM port to ovs, when i'm using ODL replacing the OVS    mechanism driver?

Thanks