[openstack-dev] [release][puppet] Puppet OpenStack 8.0.0 release (mitaka)

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 12:15:36 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 1:57 AM, Marcus Furlong <furlongm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 March 2016 at 09:53, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Puppet OpenStack team has the immense pleasure to announce the release
>> of 24 Puppet modules.
>
> Great to hear that :) Just wondering if there is a timeline for when these
> modules will be released on puppet forge?

I think Cody was taking care of that lately or was about to do.

> Also (related to the above), are there any plans to do point releases
> including the bugfixes from the stable/mitaka branches? I ask because
> currently, if modules are installed from puppet forge, you still need
> to apply patches locally for things that have been fixed in the git
> stable branch. I've just noticed that I have patches for nearly every
> module for liberty. This is because after the initial puppet forge
> release, there were no further updates to any of the modules.

What we do currently is backporting bugfix in stable branches (ex:
stable/liberty) but we don't produce tags quite often. It might change
in the future but until now we don't have much sub-releases between
cycles.
I would suggest you to deploy modules from git/branch (using your
stable version) and if any backport is required, feel free to submit
it and our team will review it according to our backport policy:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Puppet/Backport_policy

Emilien Macchi