[openstack-dev] [Apps] [Murano] [Magnum] [Containers] Call for trainers: cloud app training forums = cloud code dojos

David F Flanders dff.openstack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 02:07:19 UTC 2016

As cloud applications start to become the default paradigm for the
application developer community, the need for further training is
paramount.

We need training which bring together AppDev and DevOpps in shared forums
so they can more easily understand each other's PoV.

As a trial, we are looking to host a series of training forums at the
Summit using the "code dojo" style of learning.  We are calling these
training forums "Cloud App Dojos".

This is a call to request support from DevOpps and AppDevs to come together
in these forums to trial training which will better explain the different
skills required to build: cloud native, cloud aware, 12x factor, API-based,
SDK-based and much more.

If you are a DevOpps which has AppDev experience (or vice versa), and is
empathetic to the pains of learning then we would request your skills as
one the trainers.

This week we will be inducting Trainers (aka Sensei) via this Public Google
Hangout, where we will explain the learning methodologies (pedagogies) used
in a "Cloud App Dojo":

https://plus.google.com/events/c56dgq96g28u1okk0g34b105tto

^^This orientation recoded and made available here for later viewing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDTtK9cJqBc

We will host this first [alpha] training "Cloud Code Dojo" forum at the
Summit, on:

Wednesday at 11am to 12.30 (Salon E), followed by lunch where we will
reflect and improve on this learning style.

https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9470

Greatly appreciated for consideration by anyone who enjoys helping other
learn.

Please ping me off list if you would like me to add you to a calendar
invitation with the above times.

Kind Regards,

Flanders
http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/meet-openstack-s-community-wrangler-david-flanders