[openstack-dev] [all][stackalytics] Gaming the Stackalytics stats

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Sat Apr 9 22:31:51 UTC 2016

Thanks to Dims and Steve for bringing this up.

	It has long been my opinion that +0's are invaluable for the question asking, and for getting to understand software, and unfortunately +0's are lost in the noise. So a while ago, I posted to the ML [1] asking about making +0's more visible. I signed up to submit a request on gerrit upstream (and promptly forgot to do that). This mail thread has reminded me of that. I have now posted a request for the upstream gerrit folks to fix [2].

	I believe that people don't use +0's enough because they often get ignored. I know that one can be cynical and say it is because it gives one no credit in stackalytics; I choose not to be that person.

	I post +0's a lot. But, I find that they are often ignored. If you agree with me that +0's are useful, and could be highlighted better in the gerrit review screen, please post a comment on [2].

Thanks,

-amrith

[1] http://openstack.markmail.org/thread/nj4onttaibjmfxew
[2] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=4050