[openstack-dev] [all][stackalytics] Gaming the Stackalytics stats

Major Hayden major at mhtx.net
Fri Apr 8 20:57:27 UTC 2016

On 04/08/2016 03:31 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> Thanks for taking this up--some people just need
> encouragement/suggestions for better ways to make an impact. On the
> other hand, if you find that many of them have addresses at the same
> company domain... well I guess we can find people higher up the
> ladder in those companies and talk to them about how to channel
> their employee quotas/incentives in more productive directions for
> the community as well.

Hey folks,

I have sent five emails so far and I received two responses already.  Both of the people who replied said they are new to OpenStack and how to do reviews.  They welcomed more input on how to find the right code reviews and how to complete the review.  They weren't aware that these particular contributions were seen as unhelpful or gaming the system.

Would it make sense to encourage cores/PTLs on these projects to reach out to these users and share gerrit dashboard[1] links?  A PTL shared some of these with me and it certainly helped me focus better on the right reviews.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/gerrit-dash-creator

--
Major Hayden