[openstack-dev] [all][elections] Results of the TC Election

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Fri Apr 8 14:04:15 UTC 2016

On 08/04/2016 9:32 AM, Sheel Rana Insaan wrote:
> I agree with Thierry Carrez  , I think this would help.
>
> Along with this, we need to motivate new joiners to continue with openstack.
> Most of them leave earlier or participate less due to some demotivating
> factors like coding is easy but getting things reviewed is much
> difficult. :)
>
> In every group we have aome extra ordinary guys who help new
> contributors join and continue with, but some are just enjoying corehood.
> May be we should also make core members on rotation basis to give equal
> chances to everyone. This will also motivate those who are working for
> openstack in their part time.

forced rotations arguably wouldn't be fair to the cores that are still
active. maybe it's best if projects don't adhere to some unwritten
self-imposed "one out, one in" core rule. understandably it's more
difficult to manage a large group of cores, but it does seem strange
that all the projects have roughly the same core team size even though
some projects have a contributor base that is significantly larger than
others.

cheers,

--
gord