[openstack-dev] [all][api] Recently accepted API-WG guidelines

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Apr 8 11:32:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016, michael mccune wrote:

> 1. version discover guideline for API microversions
> https://review.openstack.org/243429
>
> 2. client interaction guideline for API microversions
> https://review.openstack.org/243414
>
> 3. versioning guideline for API microversions
> https://review.openstack.org/243041

As you can see several of these address microversions. To help make
processing microversion headers consistent and reliable, with the
help of sdague and elmiko I've created a library that does one thing
and one thing only: It looks in request headers and extracts a
microversion for a given service type from the default (modern)
header or from a provided (legacy) header.

     https://github.com/openstack/microversion-parse
     https://pypi.python.org/pypi/microversion_parse

I've started a WIP for integrating it into Nova, just to see how it
might work and demonstrate how it could be used:

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/300076/
     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/300077/

If you look you'll see the library does very little. This is a)
intentional, b) good. Let's have more of that.

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/