[openstack-dev] [Nova] RFC Host Maintenance

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Fri Apr 8 09:52:31 UTC 2016

Nova does not really know the state of the compute host, it knows only the state of the nova-compute service running on the compute host. In Mitaka we added notification about the service status[2].
Also there is a proposal about notification about hypervisor info change [1].

Cheers,
Gibi

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/299807/
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/notifications.html#existing-versioned-notifications