[openstack-dev] [TripleO][CI] Ability to reproduce failures

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 21:03:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to find an entry point to join the effort in TripleO CI.
I studied the infrastructure and the scripts, but there's still something I'm missing.
The last step of studying the complex landscape of TripleO CI and the first to start contributing
is being able to reproduce failures in an accessible environment, to start debugging issues.
I have not found an easy and stable way to do this. Jobs are certainly gathering
a lot of logs, but that's not enough.

At the moment, I started launching periodic jobs on my local test box using
this script
https://github.com/sshnaidm/various/blob/master/tripleo_repr.sh

It's quite handy, but I'm not sure it's able to produce perfectly compatible
environments with what's in CI.

Can anyone suggest a way to make jobs reproducible locally? I know it may be complicated
to setup an environment through devtest, but may If we can start with just a list of steps,
then it would be easier to put them into a script, hten make it availabe in the log in place
of the current reproduce.sh that is not very useful.

thanks for any feedback.