[openstack-dev] [Glance] Newton virtual pre-summit sync

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:54:12 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Thank you to those who have responded.

As there were no objections, we will go with the proposed plan:

We will have virtual sync related to Glance summit topics on, Tuesday
April 12th from 1400 to ~1800 UTC. You can ask for the access to the
conferencing tool on IRC (#openstack-glance) a little bit before 1400
UTC on Tuesday. If we figure out there are no authN issues with sharing
the info on ML email, we may give the info earlier in that case.

We will use the etherpad [1] to take notes on the topics.

The tentative/flexible schedule is as follows:

1. Setup, bandwidth testing, etc. etc. (1400-1415)
2. rosmaita and hemanthm: Proposals #14 & #15 (2 long proposal 30 mins)
(1415-1445)
3. flaper87: Proposals #1, #11, #12, #13 (4 small-medium proposal 30
mins) (1445-1515)
4. mfedosin: Proposal #3, #4 (1 long, 1 medium proposal 30 mins) (1515-1545)
5. Break 15 mins (1545-1600)
6. mclaren, rosmaita, nikhil: Proposal #8, #16 (90 mins) (1600-1730)
7. nikhil: wind up on remaining proposal, feedback on setting the final
summit schedule (1730-q.s.)

Please note, the event will tentatively be over ~1800UTC but in past
we've run over. We need to finalize the schedule next week and I want to
finalize the summit schedule on Tues, April 12th to avoid last minute
rush and help others do sanity checking, figure out conflicts, give last
minute suggestions, etc. So, if you have a meeting later please leave
some notes before the sync starts (see the bottom of the etherpad [1]
for the same).

If you're scheduled for a slot to speak during the event and have other
constraints, let me know by tomorrow so that we can figure out alternate
plans or modify the schedule a bit. During the event, I will be giving a
reminder to wind up the discussion ~5 mins before your allocated time is
over, in order to help move the schedule smoothly. Please be prepared on
your topics so that we can finish the discussions on time.

Let me know if there are questions.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-glance-summit-planning

On 3/31/16 5:34 PM, Nikhil Komawar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm excited to see you all Glancers at the Austin summit and discuss
> more on our project.
>
> Nevertheless, I feel that our summit conversations will have a lot more
> value if we establish some prior-context to the discussions and prepare
> ourselves for some of the sessions. Hence, I would like to call for a
> virtual sync meetup on the week of April 11th.
>
> My initial plan is to have a 4 hour sync on Tuesday April 12th, from
> 1400-1800 UTC (we can decide on the length of the sessions and the
> required breaks later). But sending out this tentative plan to gauge the
> feasibility and interest.
>
> Please reply to this thread with your thoughts. If none, looking forward
> to seeing you at the event.
>
> P.S. based on the number of interested participants we can decide on the
> tool to be used.

Nikhil