[openstack-dev] [DIB][Bifrost] Avoid running DIB with simple-init until a new release (1.14.1) is made

Gregory Haynes greg at greghaynes.net
Wed Apr 6 18:19:15 UTC 2016

This is a notice for users of diskimage-builder's simple-init element (I
added Bifrost because I believe that is the recommended usage there).

There is a bug in the latest release (1.14.0) of diskimage-builder which
will delete ssh host keys on the image building host when using the
simple-init element. The fix is proposed[1] and we are working on
merging it ASAP then cutting a new release. If you have a CI type set up
(possibly via nodepool) which uses the simple-init element then its
probably a good idea to disable it temporarily and check that you still
have ssh host keys.

I really hope this hasn't bit anyone other than infra (sorry infra), but
if it has bit you then I'm sorry!

-Greg

1: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/302373/

--