[openstack-dev] [nova] FYI: Removing default flavors from nova

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:28:24 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch> wrote:

> I think Heat needs more of an query engine along the lines of “give me a
> flavor with at least X cores and Y GB RAM” rather than hard coding
> m1.large.
> Core performance is another parameter that would be interesting to select,
> “give me a core with at least 50000 bogomips”

I've played with a version of OSC's "server create" command that uses
--cpu, --ram, etc rather than --flavor to size the created VM.  It is a
tiny bit of client-side work to do this, Heat could easily do it too...
The trick is to not get carried away with spec'ing every last detail.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com