[openstack-dev] [kolla] Using reno

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Wed Apr 6 15:26:38 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

Reno is in our master codebase and mitaka.  Every new feature should use reno at the conclusion of the patch set.  The full documentation is here:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/reno/usage.html#creating-new-release-notes

In short, to create a reno note, just run
pip install reno
>From kolla working directory
reno new feature-name (e.g. add-reno)

This will create a yam lfile (and print it out) that needs to be filled in.  The yaml file contains directions.  The release note doesn't have to be super detailed - I suspect we will tune our detail over time to what we think is appropriate.

You can see the output by running:
tox -e releasenotes
and opening in your favorite browser.

This is published automatically to here on commit:
http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/kolla/

Eventually this will be linked from the releases website here:

http://releases.openstack.org/

Currentlly we are series independent release model, but that will be changing in Newton.  I have a patchset up to put our release note son the releases.openstack.org website but it has not yet merged.

Regards
-steve