[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Newton blueprints call for action

Brent Eagles beagles at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 14:17:29 UTC 2016

Hi Armando,

On 05/04/16 01:13 AM, Armando M. wrote:
> Hi Neutrinos,
>
> During today's team meeting [0], we went through the current
> milestone workload [1].
>
> This is mostly made of Mitaka backlog items, amongst which we
> discussed two blueprints [2, 3]. These two efforts had their spec
> approved during the Mitaka timeframe, but code lagged behind, and
> hence got deferred [4].
>
> I would like to understand if these need new owners (both assignees
> and approvers). Code submitted [5,6] has not been touched in a
> while, and whilst I appreciate people have been busy focussing on
> Mitaka (myself included), the Newton master branch has been open
> for a while.
>
> With this email I would like to appeal to the people in CC to
> report back their interest in continuing working on these items in
> their respective capacities, and/or the wider community, in case
> new owners need to be identified.
>
> I look forward to hearing back, hoping we can find the right
> resources to resume progress, and bring these important
> requirements to completion in time for Newton.
>
> Many thanks, Armando

As it happens, I've been tasked to work on TripleO as a general
contributor with a networking focus. For better or worse, the database
related work was the only thing on my early radar and I will shepherd
that along as needed, but I won't be able to commit to the larger bits
of the remaining work.

While we could wait for summit to hand off, I think it would be better
for someone who is looking to take over ownership of all or some of
the pieces to sync up with Bence, myself, and Songming ASAP.

Cheers,

Brent