[openstack-dev] [nova] FYI: Removing default flavors from nova

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 08:19:40 UTC 2016

Le 06/04/2016 06:44, Qiming Teng a écrit :
> Not an expert of Nova but I am really shocked by such a change. Because
> I'm not a Nova expert, I don't have a say on the *huge* efforts in
> maintaining some builtin/default flavors. As a user I don't care where
> the data have been stored, but I do care that they are gone. They are
> gone because they **WILL** be supported by devstack. They are gone with
> the workflow +1'ed **BEFORE** the devstack patch gets merged (many
> thanks to the depends-on tag). They are gone in hope that all deployment
> tools will know this when they fail, or fortunately they read this email,
> or they were reviewing nova patches.
>
> It would be a little nicer to initiate a discussion on the mailinglist
> before such a change is introduced.

It was communicated accordingly to operators with no strong arguments :
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2016-March/010045.html

You can also see that https://review.openstack.org/#/c/300127/ is having
three items :
  - a DocImpact tag creating a Launchpad bug for documentation about that
  - a reno file meaning that our release notes will provide also some
comments about that
  - a Depends-On tag (like you said) on a devstack change meaning that
people using devstack won't see a modified behavior.

Not sure what you need more.

-Sylvain