[openstack-dev] [nova] FYI: Removing default flavors from nova

Qiming Teng tengqim at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 6 04:44:07 UTC 2016

Not an expert of Nova but I am really shocked by such a change. Because
I'm not a Nova expert, I don't have a say on the *huge* efforts in
maintaining some builtin/default flavors. As a user I don't care where
the data have been stored, but I do care that they are gone. They are
gone because they **WILL** be supported by devstack. They are gone with
the workflow +1'ed **BEFORE** the devstack patch gets merged (many
thanks to the depends-on tag). They are gone in hope that all deployment
tools will know this when they fail, or fortunately they read this email,
or they were reviewing nova patches.

It would be a little nicer to initiate a discussion on the mailinglist
before such a change is introduced.

Regards,
  Qiming