[openstack-dev] [tempest] Implementing tempest test for Keystone federation functional tests

Minying Lu mylu at bu.edu
Tue Apr 5 14:53:31 UTC 2016

Thank you for your awesome feedbacks!

> Another option is to add those tests to keystone itself (if you are not
>> including tests that triggers other components APIs). See
>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/keystone-tempest-plugin-tests

knikolla and I are looking into the keystone-tempest-plugin too thanks
Rodrigo!

> Again though, the problem is not where the tests live but where we run
> them. To practically run these tests we need to either add K2K testing
> support to devstack (not sure this is appropriate) or come up with a new
> test environment that deploys 2 keystones and federation support that we
> can CI against in the gate. This is doable but i think something we need
> support with from infra before worrying about tempest.

We have engineers in the team that are communicating with the infra team on
how to set up a environment that runs the federation test. We're thinking
about creating a 2 devstack setup with the keystones configured as Identity
provider and service provider with federation support. Meanwhile I can just
work on writing the test in a pre-configured environment that's the same as
the 2 devstack setup.