[openstack-dev] [Fuel][library] Update of astute.yaml fixtures and noop tests

Aleksandr Didenko adidenko at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 5 10:11:11 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

we've merged all the changes related to fixtures update [0] and bugfix to
unblock noop tests [1]. So if you see -1 from fuel_noop_tests [2] in tests
not related to your patch, then please rebase.

Regards,
Alex

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:update-fixtures-to-9.0
[1] https://review.openstack.org/301107
[2] https://ci.fuel-infra.org/job/fuellib_noop_tests/

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Vladimir Kuklin <vkuklin at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hi Alex
>
> +1 to your proposal - this is long-awaited change.
>
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Aleksandr Didenko <adidenko at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
>
>> One more thing about spec to fixture mapping [0]. What if instead of:
>>
>> # RUN: (hiera1) (facts1)
>>
>> we'll use
>>
>> # RUN: (roles_array1) (facts1)
>>
>> ?
>>
>> We don't need to duplicate complicated task graph calculations to
>> understand which task to execute, because we don't care about tasks
>> ordering and dependencies in noop tests. All we need is to map rspec task
>> tests to astute.yaml fixtures. And it could be done via roles.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alex
>>
>> [0]
>> https://github.com/openstack/fuel-noop-fixtures/blob/master/doc/usage.rst#spec-file-annotations
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Aleksandr Didenko <adidenko at mirantis.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>>   As you may know, we're still using some very old astute.yaml fixtures
>>> (v6.1) in our 'master' (v9.0) noop rspec tests [0]. Besides that, we have
>>> problems with fixture-to-rspec mapping [1]. So we've started to work on
>>> those problems [2].
>>>
>>>   So please be aware of upcoming changes in noop rspec fixtures and
>>> tests. If you see, that some important fixtures are missing (thus not
>>> covered by tests) please let me know in this email thread or via
>>> IRC/email/slack.
>>>
>>>   Also, we should stop updating astute.yaml fixtures manually and start
>>> using some kind of automation approach instead [3][4]. I propose to use [5]
>>> script until we find a better solution. So if you want to add some new
>>> astute.yaml fixture for noop tests, please propose a patch to this script
>>> instead of uploading yaml file.
>>>
>>> Currently the following is missing in the new set of fixtures for
>>> fuel-9.0:
>>> - generate_vms ('vms_conf' array in astute.yaml - I'm not sure how to
>>> properly enable it via nailgun, any help is much appreciated)
>>> - selective ssl fixtures - since configuration data is not serialized
>>> from nailgun, I think that we should move this into 'hiera/override' along
>>> with implementation of new hiera overrides tests workflow [6]
>>> - vmware related fixtures
>>>
>>> Please feel free to share your ideas/comments on this topic.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alex
>>>
>>> [0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1535339
>>> [1]