[openstack-dev] [vitrage] vitrage topology show

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) ifat.afek at nokia.com
Tue Apr 5 06:23:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

vitrage topology show has a different behavior for a tree and a graph.

In case it is called with no query:
* For a tree it returns the node, zone, host and instances
* For a graph it returns everything

I don't think that the selected topology representation should affect the type of entities returned by the API. I would expect to get the same entities, just organized differently. However, I understand that returning all entities might not result in a tree structure.

Maybe we force the client to call it with query, and then fail if the result is not a tree?
Other thoughts?

Ifat.