[openstack-dev] [nova] New resource tracker

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:47:15 UTC 2016

On 04/04/2016 01:21 PM, Rayson Ho wrote:
> I found that even in the latest git tree, the resource_tracker is still
> marked as "deprecated and will be removed in the 14.0.0" in
> releasenova/conf/compute.py . With the Mitaka release coming up this
> week, is it still true that the code will be removed?
>
> I googled and found this status update sent to the list (
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-February/086371.html
> ), but I was wondering if the new resource tracker is documented or
> should I just refer to the blueprints.

The resource tracker has not been deprecated. Only the extensible
resource tracker code has been deprecated in Mitaka. The extensible
resource tracker code allowed a deployer to override and extend the set
of resources that were tracked by the resource tracker. It was
determined this functionality was leading the scheduler and resource
tracker code to a place where it was not possible to have consistency in
how resources were tracked and thus it was deprecated and removed.

Best,
-jay