[openstack-dev] [Designate] Tempest Tests - in-repo or separate

Hayes, Graham graham.hayes at hpe.com
Mon Apr 4 15:01:30 UTC 2016

As we have started to move to a tempest plugin for our functional test
suite, we have 2 choices about where it lives.

1 - In repo (as we have [0] currently)
2 - In a repo of its own (something like openstack/designate-tempest)

There are several advantages to a separate repo:

* It will force us to make API changes compatable
* * This could cause us to be slower at merging changes [1]
* It allows us to be branchless (like tempest is)
* It can be its own installable package, and a (much) shorter list
   of requirements.

If everyone is OK with a separate repo, I will go ahead and start the
creation process.

Thanks

- Graham

0 - https://review.openstack.org/283511