[openstack-dev] [tc][kolla] Change to kolla's release model to gain access to release's website marketing

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Apr 2 16:13:28 UTC 2016

Technical Committee,

Please accept my change prior to our April 8th deadline for tagging Mitaka 2.0.0 of Kolla.  To be clear, this is a clunky workaround but I feel as though we are not permitted to participate in the marketing that takes place on the releases website, and this is the lesser of that evil.

The review is here:

https://review.openstack.org/300752

I'd like to do it right, and remove the red tape surrounding deployment projects first, but from what I've gathered on the mailing list (sorry no references) and in various reviews I've been involved with, solving the red tape related to deployment projects won't happen in time to apply this tag to our repository as this tag operates on a 7 day lazy consensus model, which means Kolla can still possibly gain access to the marketing resources of the releases project team's website.

Regards

-steve