[openstack-dev] [neutron]: Neutron naming legal issues

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Fri Apr 1 21:14:18 UTC 2016

This kind of thing happens all the time, and usually its not reasonable to enforce across different types of things. Especially since neutrons a type of space/science thing and so is nova, from which it spawned. I think its highly unlikely that someone will confuse the software and the commic character.

And in todays day and age it is basically impossibe to use a word and not find something that exists already. Its hard enough in the software world not to with another piece of software, let alone a commic book character that a lot of folks never have heard of.

Its unreasonable to rename neutron again and imho it will make marvel look bad to try and force it through.

Thanks,
Kevin