[openstack-dev] [Ceilosca][Neutron][Monasca]

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hpe.com
Fri Apr 1 21:01:02 UTC 2016

Hi Rubab, I'm not that knowledge on networking/neutron, and still in learn mode, but it sounds like it would be useful. This is an area that I am starting to get more involved with. There is a potential design summit session that Armando and I are looking into hosting on monitoring Neutron.

Ceilosca was just a name that we created as a combination of Ceilometer and Monasca. There isn't an official Ceilosca project/repo. However, there is a repo called monasca-ceilometer at, https://github.com/openstack/monasca-ceilometer, which contains a Ceilometer publisher, that translates/sends samples to the Monasca API. The repo also contains a storage driver that allows you to use Monasca as a backend for Ceilometer. This code is quite stable, has undergone an extensive amount of testing and is ready for deployment.

Regards --Roland