[openstack-dev] [defcore][glance] Glare not defcore ready

Mikhail Fedosin mfedosin at mirantis.com
Fri Apr 1 17:03:03 UTC 2016

Hi Flavio! Thank you for the clarification.

I do realize that I missed both meetings and that logs from one of them are
> not
> complete. I apologize if I've misinterpreted the intentions here. I do
> think
> engaiging with DefCore as early in the process as possible is good but I'd
> also
> like to clarify the intentions here before this escalates (again) into more
> confusion about what Glance's future looks like.

I want to tell you that the intention of the DefCore meeting was not to
confuse more on the work, rather it was to get clarity on all the
constraints that we are stuck with. Currently we intend to keep our focus
on interoperability issues this cycle - API hardening being our first
priority, along with early adoption from Murano and Community App Catalog.

And also I want to assure the community that Glare is being developed
consistent with the API WG principles and in such a way that it could be
included in DefCore at the appropriate time.

Best regards,
Mikhail Fedosin