[openstack-dev] [neutron][stable] RDO needs stable/mitaka branches for subprojects WAS: Re: [Rdo-list] RDO Mitaka RC1 current status - testers requested

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 14:28:05 UTC 2016

Haïkel <hguemar at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> Do we want to raise those issues to networking vendors? Do we have a
>> list of
>> what’s required from them for RDO?
>>
>> Ihar
>
> Yes, we need to raise their attention about this issue.
>
> As a distribution, it would help if they do proper releases (from
> higher to lesser priority)
> * tagged releases
> * stable branches
> * tarballs uploaded
>
> Bare minimum is tagging releases and documented compatibility against
> neutron releases, as our CI can't test these backends features.
>
> Regards,
> H.

Hi all,

it seems that RDO project needs networking-* subprojects to create
stable/mitaka branches, tag releases from there, and upload tarballs to
pypi, to be able to consume the code for those projects.

I presume it’s not just RDO, but other distributions that are interested in
it.

With that in mind, I wonder what’s the strategy for subprojects for Mitaka?
Do we set any guidelines for them to spin off stable/mitaka branches or
trigger releases in due time? How are distributions supposed to know which
tags for those subprojects to use for Mitaka?

The original thread is:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/2016-April/msg00002.html

Ihar