[openstack-dev] [neutron + ovn] Does neutron ovn plugin support to setup multiple neutron networks for one container?

Murali R muralirdev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 22:01:28 UTC 2015

Yes, sfc without nsh is what I am looking into and I am thinking ovn can
have a better approach.

I did an implementation of sfc around nsh that used ovs & flows from custom
ovs-agent back in mar-may. I added fields in ovs agent to send additional
info for actions as well. Neutron side was quite trivial. But the solution
required an implementation of ovs to listen on a different port to handle
nsh header so doubled the number of tunnels. The ovs code we used/modified
to was either from the link you sent or some other similar impl from Cisco
folks (I don't recall) that had actions and conditional commands for the
field. If we have generic ovs code to compare or set actions on any
configured address field was my thought. But haven't thought through much
on how to do that. In any case, with ovn we cannot define custom flows
directly on ovs, so that approach is dated now. But hoping some similar
feature can be added to ovn which can transpose some header field to geneve
options.

I am trying something right now with ovn and will be attending ovs
conference in nov. I am skipping openstack summit to attend something else
in far-east during that time. But lets keep the discussion going and
collaborate if you work on sfc.