[openstack-dev] [nova] live migration in Mitaka

Murray, Paul (HP Cloud) pmurray at hpe.com
Wed Sep 30 11:25:12 UTC 2015

> Please respond to this post if you have an interest in this and what you would like to see done.
> Include anything you are already getting on with so we get a clear picture.

Thank you to those who replied to this thread. I have used the contents to start an etherpad page here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-live-migration

I have taken the liberty of listing those that responded to the thread and the authors of mentioned patches as interested people.

>From the responses and looking at the specs up for review it looks like there are about five areas that could be addressed in Mitaka and several others that could come later. The first five are:

- migrating instances with a mix of local disks and cinder volumes
- pause instance during migration
- cancel migration
- migrate suspended instances
- improve CI coverage

Not all of these are covered by specs yet and all the existing specs need reviews. Please look at the etherpad and see if there is anything you think is missing.

Paul