[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.config] Reloading configuration of service

mhorban mhorban at mirantis.com
Tue Sep 29 14:30:20 UTC 2015

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/taskflow/types.html#taskflow.types.notifier.Notifier

 >> I'd be happy to extract that and move to somewhere else if needed, it
 >> provides basic event/pub/sub kind of activities for taskflow
(in-memory,
 >> not over rpc...)

I've investigated several event libraries...And chose taskflow because
first of all it fits all our requirements and it is already used in
openstack.

 > Excerpts from Doug's message

 >> We probably want the ability to have multiple callbacks. There are
 >> already a lot of libraries available on PyPI for handling "events" like
 >> this, so maybe we can pick one of those that is well maintained and
 >> integrate it with oslo.service?

I've created raw review in oslo.service
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/228892/ .
I've used taskflow library(as Josh proposed).
By default I added one handler that reloads global configuration.
What do you think about such implementation?

Marian