[openstack-dev] Screenshots in reviews on Gerrit

Pančur, Matjaž Matjaz.Pancur at fri.uni-lj.si
Tue Sep 29 12:08:38 UTC 2015

Repost from openstack-docs ML.
-Matjaz

Hi all,

I’ve been wondering if there is an already established or agreed on best practice for inclusion of screenshots in the review comment thread (like we have paste.openstack.org<http://paste.openstack.org/> for text snippets and logs)? Sometimes I would like to include an annotated screenshot of the issue (eg. a slide that renders wrong only on a certain OS/browser combination).

People are usually pragmatic and just use their existing Dropbox/iCloud/GDrive/etc. cloud service and publish in the review a link to it, but this is not a permanent solution as links are usually ephemeral/short-lived. This causes some transparency/archival issues, so I would like to use a more permanent solution (like it is for logs/snippets in paste.openstack.org<http://paste.openstack.org/>).

Any ideas on how should we deal with this?

Matjaz