[openstack-dev] [cinder] snapshot and cloning for NFS backend

Kekane, Abhishek Abhishek.Kekane at nttdata.com
Tue Sep 29 06:26:06 UTC 2015

Hi Devs,

The cinder-specs [1] for snapshot and cloning NFS backend submitted by Eric was approved in Kilo but due to nova issue [2] it is not implemented in Kilo and Liberty.
I am discussing about this nova bug with nova team for finding possible solutions and Nikola has given some pointers about fixing the same in launchpad bug.

This feature is very useful for NFS backend and if the work should be continued then is there a need to resubmit this specs for approval in Mitaka?

Please let me know your opinion on the same.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/133074/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1416132

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Kekane

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence
for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged,
confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient,
please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete
and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying
or forwarding.