[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Defeact management

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 06:06:19 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

One of the areas I would like to look into during the Mitaka cycle is
'stability' [1]. The team has done a great job improving test coverage, and
at the same time increasing reliability of the product.

However, regressions are always around the corner, and there is a huge
backlog of outstanding bugs (800+ of new/confirmed/triaged/in progress
actively reported) that pressure the team. Having these slip through the
cracks or leave them lingering is not cool.

To this aim, I would like to propose a number of changes in the way the
team manage defeats, and I will be going through the process of proposing
these changes via code review by editing [2] (like done in [3]).

Feedback most welcome.

Many thanks,
Armando

[1]