[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam status report

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:54:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

Following is the subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled
directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
============
(diff with Sep 21)
- Open: 135 (-1). 9 new (+2), 36 in progress (-5), 0 critical, 7 high (-5)
and 9 incomplete
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 24 (+1). 0 new, 0 critical, 1 high

dtantsur continues to ping people and unassign abandoned bugs

Neutron/Ironic work (jroll)
====================
no major updates, code still being worked on

ironic-lib adoption (dtantsur)
======================
dsvm gate is working (though non-voting) on ironic-lib, time to switch!
- <rameshg87> dtantsur: yeah, meanwhile I will check and decide on the
refactoring of ironic to use ironic-lib
- <rameshg87> dtantsur: I think faizan told he has patch almost ready.
- rameshg87 will have update by 9/29.

Nova Liaisons (jlvillal & mrda)
=======================
- No updates

Testing/Quality (jlvillal/lekha)
======================
- Still waiting for feature freeze to be lifted from global requirements to
add mimic requirement. Pinged dhellman on IRC on 28-Sep-2015
- jlvillal will work on initial test directory re-organization on ironic
server for functional testing
- krtaylor to look at unit test coverage
- krtaylor to document real BM CI rollout for PowerKVM
- grenade upgrade testing status

Inspector (dtansur)
===============
ironic-inspector 2.2.0 released
-
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-announce/2015-September/000659.html
- 3 blueprints finished, 14 bugs fixed
- stable/liberty was created from this release

Bifrost (TheJulia)
=============
Gate fixed, release 0.0.1 cut last week.

webclient (krotscheck / betherly)
=========================
- discussions with Horizon last week assured that we should be able to work
with both Horizon and downstream team successfully
- discussions with Horizon downstream (HP) team have concluded that we will
meet half way to have a UX that does not 100% resemble the existing panels
but is not so different as to confuse users
- design underway currently for submission to UX team (Piet)
- panel creation underway
- Reviews have stalled out:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ironic-webclient,n,z

Drivers
======

DRAC (ifarkas/lucas)
----------------------------
no update - working on python-dracclient to reach feature parity with DRAC
driver

iRMC (naohirot)
https://review.openstack.org//#/q/owner:+naohirot%2540jp.fujitsu.com+status:+open,n,z
    - New boot driver interface for iRMC drivers (bp/new-boot-interface)
    - Enhance Power Interface for Soft Reboot and NMI
(bp/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-reboot-and-nmi)
    - iRMC out of band inspection (bp/ironic-node-properties-discovery)

Until next week,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard