[openstack-dev] [all] Proposed Mitaka release schedule

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Sep 28 17:01:46 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Ivan Kolodyazhny's message of 2015-09-28 17:41:46 +0300:
> Hi Thierry,
>
> Thank you for sharing this information with us so early. One
> comment/question from me about FinalClientLibraryRelease:
>
> Could we make client release at least one week later after M-3 milestone?
> It will give us more chances to have features landed into the client if
> they were merged late before M-3 and feature freeze.

The timeline in this schedule is more or less the same as what we've
done the past two cycles.  Allowing client feature work to carry
on longer in the schedule does not leave time for dealing with
issues introduced by buggy client releases.

I recommend prioritizing features that are going to require work
in the clients so those patches can land early enough to follow the
schedule, especially if those are features that other projects are
going to be depending on.

Doug